Ever wondered how to improve the quality of your applicants? The very same social media activities that attract customers can be used to attract applicants you really want to hire — not just those that wander in hoping for a job.
Here’s how you can use social networking to recruit great people:
- Maintain a page on your website that shows off your company culture in a compelling way.
- Create a separate web page for each job posting.
- Make some short, engaging videos about the staff at your store.
Without these tools, you can’t leverage one of HR’s most important resources – the person who handles social media at your dealership. Once you have these tools in place, your social media expert (who may become your new best friend) can help you with the following:
- Tweet job openings and post them on your Facebook page.
- Encourage employees to post open positions on their personal Facebook accounts.
Often, the applicants you want the most are “passive applicants” – those who are not actively searching for a job, but might be persuaded to work for you. So leverage social media to bring your open positions to their attention. Basically, it’s a digital version of “word of mouth marketing.”
While we are on the subject of employees helping you recruit, remember to offer a bonus to any employee who refers a successful new hire. (The new employee must complete 90 days on the job.)
By the way, using your employees to recruit via social media can raise a lot of questions about social media policies and HR-related regulations. If you’d like to talk about that, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.