OSHA Cites Alabama RV Center for Serious Safety Violations
January 27, 2014 by Rebecca Ward
Posted in: Uncategorized
Tags: Alabama, Center, fines, OSHA, RV, Safety, violations
OSHA recently cited an Alabama RV center for nine serious safety violations, resulting in potential penalties of $41,000. OSHA’s investigation was prompted by a complaint. A serious violation occurs when substantial injury or death could occur from the hazard which the employer knew or should have known.
The center was cited for the employer’s failure to:
- Implement protective systems into their worker’s daily activity.
- Train workers on powered industrial truck operations.
- Adequately guard electrical boxes.
- Use temporary wiring properly.
- Train employees on hazard communication.
- Provide a list of hazardous chemicals on-site.
- Reduce compressed air for cleaning to less than 30 pounds per square inch.
- Secure compressed gas cylinders properly.
The RV center has 15 business days from the receipt of the citation to contest the citations or comply.
To learn how KPA can help your center, contact [email protected].
To learn more about the RV Center’s violation, click here.