Workplace violence is a risk that can be managed. It should be a priority for all HR managers because homicide is the 2nd leading cause of death in the workplace for all workers, and it is the #1 cause of death for women in the workplace (Bureau of Labor Statistics). Are your employees safe? Take these three steps to ensure a safe work environment.
3 Steps to Prevent Workplace Violence
1. Assess risk
- External factors- crime rate around work location, hours of operation, working with public, etc.
- Internal factors- intense workloads, restructuring, ignoring warning signs etc.
2. Plan of action
- Workplace security measures to manage identified risks
- Zero Tolerance and Violence Prevention Policies communicated and acknowledge by all employees
3. Educate workforce to recognize, report and prevent occurrences of violence
Learn how to make the three steps work for you in this free recorded webinar:
How to Prevent Violence in the Workplace