Environment & Safety Training
Looking to give your employees access to engaging, automotive-specific safety and compliance training?
KPA offers top-notch courses that are:
- Available online and onsite, led by our safety engineers
- Designed to help employees improve their performance on the job and improve compliance
- Based on real-world stories and examples
How does offering your employees quality training benefit your business?
Better safety + compliance → less $$ spent on worker’s comp and regulatory violations Bottom line: More profitability and better morale/productivityGet Started
DOT certification is traditionally a time-intensive process with a “blanket approach” that covers every topic in detail, even if it’s not relevant to your employees. Stop wasting their time! Offer them KPA’s streamlined training with real-life examples related to the auto industry.
Hazard Communication (Right to Know)
Hazard Communication is a topic most everyone knows about. And yet it’s number one on the top 10 list of OSHA citations. Why is that? Maybe it’s because people think nothing bad will really happen to them. And yet, accidents happen all the time – and cost your company money.
One in five accidents could be prevented by more attentive driving. That’s a big deal considering how many of your employees test drive vehicles they’re repairing, shuttle customers to and from the facility, take customers on test drives, and transport vehicles or parts from one location to another. If they get in an accident, it reflects on your company as much as it does on them – not to mention it costs the company money.
Environment & Safety 101 for Managers –FREE!
Being a manager in the automotive services field requires staying on top of compliance issues you might not even know you're responsible for, like:
- Ensuring your employees can locate an mSDS for each chemical at your facility.
- Making sure that all employees who wear a respirator complete annual training, including fit testing.
- Investigating accidents immediately.
Don’t leave yourself and your facility vulnerable to an OSHA inspection or violation of federal regulations. Get educated today about your responsibilities as a manager.
This free training shows you exactly what you need to do to get compliant, create a safer working environment for your employees, and help avoid the top 10 OSHA violations.
How it works:
- Determine which topics you need to complete, since some may not apply to your facility.
- Complete each topic.
- Walk away with specific action items you need to tackle for each topic.
- Get additional resources for addressing outstanding action items.
Take the guesswork out of improving your safety and compliance. Take the training today.
Recommended for all automotive services managers.
NOTE: KPA clients already have access to this training. Simply log in to your myKPAonline account to view it.E&S 101 for Managers
Safety Training Courses Include:
- Automotive Lift Safety
- DOT Hazardous Materials
- Eye and Back Injury Prevention
- Forklift Safety (for operators and supervisors)
- General Shop Safety
- Hand Injury Prevention
- Hazard Communication (GHS)
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Office Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Respiratory Protection
- Safe Driving
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Tire Handling Safety
- Tool Safety
- Winter Safety
- Ladder Safety
Environmental Training Courses Include:
- Fire Prevention & Emergency Response
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Industrial Waste Water
- Lead Abatement
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC)
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention
- Underground Storage Tanks