OSHA Safety Compliance Services
Managing OSHA safety compliance is a critical, complex task. For over 25 years, KPA has specialized in OSHA safety, serving over 5,000 dealerships and auto service centers across the US. Our expert engineers help you avoid OSHA citations, develop a comprehensive safety program, and reduce losses. KPA’s Environmental & Safety Compliance Program includes:
- Onsite safety inspections: Quarterly, biannually, or annually
- OSHA safety program development
- Regular safety committee meetings
- Online reporting and incident management
- Onsite and online OSHA safety training
- Loss prevention and accident management
- On-call availability, particularly during an OSHA inspection
KPA’s Optional OSHA services include Respiratory Protection Program & Training
To hear real stories of OSHA safety audits from the field, watch our free recorded webinar:
Onsite Safety Inspections / Facility Compliance Evaluation
You’re responsible for knowing what hazards exist in your facility and for following federal and state OSHA standards to ensure the safety and health of your workers. KPA’s onsite safety inspections make it easier to do this, and they help reduce losses.
How it works
A KPA safety engineer spends about 90 minutes visiting all areas of your facility and checking its compliance status with respect to OSHA, EPA, DOT, and other regulations. This can be done quarterly, biannually, or annually. The engineer documents issues using a handheld device that feeds directly into KPA’s Environment & Safety Software, which generates awareness of the hazards in your facility and facilitates their timely correction.Request a Safety Inspection
OSHA Safety Program Development
Sadly, safety is not always a common sense issue. You have to ensure proper procedures are being followed, which means you need to determine what those procedures are, write them down, and communicate them to your employees. KPA can help you do this by developing a safety management program that meets OSHA requirements and your facility’s specific needs.
What We Do:
- Complete a written workplace hazard assessment, which determines what personal protective equipment you must supply to employees.
- Review and revise existing written programs and write new custom programs, including Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention (IIPP), and Hazard Communication.
- Help get your senior-level leadership involved in the safety process.
- Perform recurring safety inspections.
- Hold recurring safety committee meetings, with leadership, to agree on resolution to safety issues, delegate the action to someone specific, and communicate it to all employees.
- Develop a process for thoroughly investigating accidents and injuries.
- Provide quality training, including Hazard Communication, Emergency Response, Personal Protective Equipment, and Forklift Operation.
- Document all safety program activities, including Safety Data Sheets, chemical inventory, training, inspections, meetings, and your hazard assessment. Keep records in your yellow box and KPA’s Environment & Safety Software.
Optional Services: Respiratory Protection
If your facility has a paint or body shop, you’re required to provide proper respiratory protection to your employees. If your facility isn't complying, you expose your business to strict enforcement action and potentially heavy fines, as well as liability claims from those who fear health damage from excessive exposure to hazardous contaminants.
KPA can help develop an OSHA-compliant respiratory program, including:
- An updated, written Respiratory Protection Program
- Determination of adequate and properly certified respiratory protection based on the workplace hazard(s)
- Employee training on proper respirator use and maintenance
- Fit testing to ensure employees are protected from airborne contaminants
- Medical evaluations for all employees who wear respiratory protection
- Mandatory records