For Better or Worse: Handling Terminations & Layoffs
Every employer at one time or another has to make tough decisions. Certainly, termination and layoffs are among the toughest. Learn how to navigate these waters professionally and in a manner sensitive to your business’s legal risks. We’ll cover the types of termination and the risks and best practices associated with each of them.
- How even voluntary resignations pose some risk
- About wrongful termination claims and procedural steps, investigation strategies and documentation practices
- What to know about Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI)
- Exit interview guidance and required documents
- Unemployment claim considerations