Regulatory Updates August 2018 — Read more
This blog post covers timely California legislative employment updates. Check out what you need to know and gain compliance tips to help you stay on top of HR, the right way. Click on the topic below to catch up on the latest news.
- Update: Federal Immigration Law to Give Notice to Employers Prior to I-9 Audits
- California Encourages Sexual Harassment Victims to Come Forward by Avoiding Defamation Charges
- Rounding Punches Deemed OK
- California’s Equal Pay Act Clarifies Who, What, and When
- Heads Up California, You Cannot Deny Armed Forces in Uniform From Entry
- Data Protection in California to Match Strict GDPR by 2020
Ask the HR Expert — Get the answer
Q: Does our owner have the legal right to tell our sales and service staff that they must make a certain number of calls per week to be employed? Can we fire someone for not following this rule?
Webinar — Investigations Without Hesitation
Join us to review the basics of investigation, discuss best practices, and learn how to handle the unexpected. This webinar is HRCI approved!
- Common mistakes in investigations
- Planning the investigation
- Interviewing strategies
- Handling confidentiality
- Proper responses
You can also register for additional webinars at KPAonline.com.
Tuesday, August 16, 10 a.m. (PT)