Regulatory Updates September 2018 — Read more
This blog post covers timely California legislative employment updates. Check out what you need to know and gain compliance tips to help you stay on top of HR, the right way. Click on the topic below to catch up on the latest news.
- Berkeley Increases Minimum Wage, Effective October 1
- San Francisco Amends Ban-the-Box, Now Applicable to More Employers
- Sample Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Ask the HR Expert — Get the answer
Q: An exempt, salaried employee missed multiple days of work for personal reasons. Can we deduct these missed days of wages from their salary or do we pay the employee for the days they did not work?
Webinar — What Do You Need to Know About Firing an Employee?
Terminating an employee is never easy, but it’s something every employer faces. It may cause anxiety and steps can be overlooked, so we’ll discuss the proper steps to take, including documentation.
- Regulations for Final Wages – Federal/State Guidelines
- Correct Steps for a Compliant Termination
- At-Will Employment & What It Really Means for Employers
You can also register for additional webinars at KPAonline.com.
Thursday, September 20, 10 a.m. (PT)