New W-4 Form Released
The IRS just posted an updated W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate to help address the tax cuts that go into effect in 2018.
Employers are not required to collect new W-4 forms in 2018. However, the IRS encourages employees with the following circumstances to review their current withholding amount to avoid unexpected tax bills or penalties during the 2019 tax season.
- Have two incomes or are in two-income families.
- Work only part of the year.
- Have dividends or capital gains from securities held in taxable accounts.
- Claim the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit or other credits.
- Itemized deductions in 2017.
- Have high incomes and more complex tax returns.
Employees may now update and submit their W-4 forms to employers.
The IRS’ withholding calculator helps employees determine the right amount of tax to withhold from their paychecks.
Why Employees Don’t Do What You Want Them To — Read More
Did you know that 85% of employees are disengaged? No wonder they’re not performing at the level you need them to! They’re checked out and gone fishing. Surprisingly, the problem may not be them…
Learn about new ideas for an age-old problem.
March 2018 Regulatory Updates — Read More
– Supreme Court Defines Whistleblower Under Dodd-Frank Act
– New ERISA Disability Claims Procedure Starts April 1, 2018
– EEOC Acknowledges Client Site Reporting Confusion for EEO-1 Reports
– DACA Renewals Continue
– IRS Changes Fees for Plan Sponsors
– MA: Pregnant Workers Fairness Act Begins 4/1/18
– ME: Limits Marijuana Testing Actions
– MI: Medical Marijuana & Terminations
– MD: Sick Leave Law Now in Effect
– MO: Kansas City Bans the Box
– NJ: Opportunity to Compete
– NYC: New Accommodation Law
– TX: Austin Approves Paid Sick Leave
– VT: Pot Legalized
Ask the HR Expert — Get the Answer
Q: I have an employee who doesn’t maintain good hygiene. How do I broach this delicate topic with this employee?
FREE HR Webinars — Register Now
Sign up for these upcoming webinars.
Hiring Best Practices – From Recruiting to Onboarding
Thursday, March 22
11 a.m. (MT) / 12 p.m. (CT)