Do You Have an Opinion About the Overtime Rule? — Read More
The Wage and Hour Division is holding listening sessions to gather employers’ opinions on the white-collar exemption regulation, also known as the “Overtime Rule.” This rule would impact overtime pay requirements for executive, administrative, and other exempt employees.
If you would like to submit a comment or be part of the discussion, the sessions will be held at live events: September 7-24, 2018 in the following states: CO, GA, MO, RI, and WA. More details can be found at DOL: Overtime Listening.
Employee Investigations — Read More
Employee investigations can be tricky and more employers than ever are seeking advice on the right steps to take to investigate an incident. See what employers’ burning questions are about employee investigations and how you can reduce your risk.
September 2018 Regulatory Updates — Read More
– Final Expiration Date for Updated FMLA Forms
– Do You Have an Opinion About the Overtime Rule?
– U.S. Department of Labor’s New Wage and Hour Opinion Letters for FLSA & FMLA
– MD: Maryland Protects Victims from Retaliation and Requires Employers to Disclose
– MA: Massachusetts Amends Ban-the-Box, Limits Employer Questions
– NJ: New Jersey Medical Marijuana Doesn’t Impact Employers
– NY: New York Sexual Harassment Training, Effective This Month
– TX: Austin Paid Sick Leave Ordinance Challenged by Texas State Law
Ask the HR Expert — Get the Answer
Q: An exempt, salaried employee missed multiple days of work for personal reasons. Can we deduct these missed days of wages from their salary or do we pay the employee for the days they did not work?
FREE HR Webinars — Register Now
KPA is your source for HR insights galore! Sign up for these upcoming webinars.
Four Months After the GDPR Compliance Deadline: Smooth Sailing or Are You in Hot Water?
Tuesday, Sept 18
12 p.m. (PT) / 1 p.m. (MT)
What Do You Need to Know About Firing An Employee?
Thursday, Sept 20
10 a.m. (PT) / 11 a.m. (MT)